View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 07:34 PM
letawellman

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Well Leta since you like to free hand...sorry you shared the wholecloth...play with some designs in the sashings...are you familiar with this FMQ? I like her creativity...too bad I don't FMQ well...

http://theinboxjaunt.com/

Oh my!! I had not see this blog before!!

I already took "Daughter" off the longarm, and even did the binding (which, technically, means she's no longer a UFO - so somebody toot the whistle or ring the bell!)
BUT... there are always methods to "reattach" her. Those "doodles" on that blog are really intriguing!!

Oksewglad, are you on a longarm or a DSM? I've done FMQ on both, and have found that, just like playing a musical instrument, it takes practice to end up with something recognizable, and it takes a lot more practice to create something beautiful. While Judi Madsen says she NEVER "practices", Lisa Calle drafts her designs on paper first. I like the things they each bring to their craft, and have learned greatly from both of them. But Judi even admits that since she doesn't practice, every quilt improves the further she advances through the quilt.
I am definitely not satisfied with my FMQ'ing - I have a long way to go.

Now, I'm off to play on that website some more!!