Old 01-29-2016, 03:06 AM
miriam
Power Poster

[QUOTE=KenmoreGal2;7448882]Not a tension issue but since you brought it up.....
I get a bit of thread stuck in the bobbin area quite often, I believe between the race and the hook. I've pinpointed it to when I am just beginning a line of stitches. It's often the first stitch I take, I can tell right away that it's stuck. I tilt the machine back, open the bobbin area up, remove the bobbin and hook and take out the thread. Then everything is fine. Why does that happen? Is it just a peculiarity of my machine?]
This happens because you are not starting to sew with the needle all the way to the top. Do this test, open your bobbin area and turn your hand wheel and make a stitch. Note the bobbin thread when the needle is all the way down and again when the needle is all the way up. As you wil see the thread is still wrapped around the bobbin area until the needle gets to the top. You can also see that with the needle up but not all the way up, thread can still not be clear of the bobbin area. If you start and the needle is down you have bobbin thread going a bit wild down there from when you made your last stitches.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-10-2016 at 07:27 AM. Reason: remove shouting