View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 09:17 AM
Snooze2978

I moved from Florida to Iowa and had to pack up my sewing room to declutter while trying to sell the house back when the market dropped drastically. Never thought it would take 3 years to sell it. But doe to all the humidity and possible hurricanes I packed all my fabrics into plastic large totes. This way hopefully the palmetto bugs couldn't get inside as well as the humidity adding mold to it. It was almost 4 years before I found a house, remodeled it to my liking and then moved in before I could unpack my sewing room again. Still have some apparel fabrics in these totes yet today. I found no damage to any of my fabrics and if you know just how hot it can get down in Florida you know it was tested. Supposedly my household goods were to be in an A/C storage facility but when I got my stuff back I could see yellowing on my sewing machines, etc so that told me they lied. Also the way the movers packed it all into their trailer my totes and/or lids were crushed beyond use. But again, no damage to my fabrics or machines..............thankfully.