View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 11:17 AM
KLO

Wow, Tate, nice find! It will go nicely with your Rocketeer collection. Also nice that it already has the spoked wheel on it so you only need to add the crank, right? I have two 99K machine, one in the bento box and one in a single middle drawer cabinet but they are not as old as yours (early 50's for both). Thanks for asking about the "new" handcranks as I want to convert an early 50's 128 into a handcrank. I will need the spoked wheel also and have been hesitant to buy the wheel and handcrank for fear that would be junk. Someone on fleabay advertizes handcranks as an older 2000's style and says they have all metal gearing while the one's from 2010 forward have plastic gears. Does anyone know whether this is true or not? Not that I don't believe everything I read on the internet ... but there was a problem with that French model on the car insurance commercial if you remember!!! Hmmm, guess I had better go check sew-classics.

Forgot to ask you Tate, did you lose power in the recent snow/ice/sleet storm? We were without the newspaper and mail for several days but still had power. I think I read where your area was worse off that the middle of the state where I am.