View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 12:51 PM
yonnikka

Quote: Brother Cs6000i, about $150 and a great second machine and backup. Hello, Piker 6. The starting point is what you need a machine for. Will you be doing quilting on your domestic machine? Will you do free motion quilting on it? If so, then buy the machine with a wider throat than six or seven inches. Go for the widest throat you can afford. Do you plan to do fancy stitches or machine embroideries as your top priority? If embroidery is your passion then compare what you can get for your dollars. The Brother machines recommend Authorized Service Centers if you need repairs. Do you have an authorized repair center handy to you? As for me, I went with the Brother Cs6000i, about $150, five years ago. It has never once needed repair. I am still finding delight in its special features, and little things you may never consider as important. For example, the plastic cover over the bobbin is CLEAR so I can see my bobbin moving around. There is automatic threader built in, which is wonderful with my aging eyes. And you never oil this machine, because it is sealed. The lubricant is silicon. And I have some 70 decorative stitches, plus the alphabet in small block letters. And in contrast to your $999 machine? I have over $800 in my pocket. Big Smile here.