View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 04:51 PM
hooked_on_quilts

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I think if you look around you'll find something suitable. I got 300 yards of fabric from my Sis that she bought in the 70's, and it's pretty much very small floral patterns. I've been told that is getting popular again.

It is funny though, because I also got some UFO quilts from my Mom that she was working on during that time frame, and they also came with white backing. I know my mom used white or muslin for the quilts she made. I don't think she ever considered using a print. Don't know if that was common, or just my Mom.

Might have been common back then, IDK? I do know that both girls would prefer something different than the white. I thought about using it for sashing on a couple of them, since they will be smaller.

The one that I have started is really cute so far. I've got only 6 blocks done, because mom cut the pieces by hand, so some of the bocks end up wonky and I have to pick out the seams and fix them. But I'm getting there. I'm determined to finish it before baby Zoe shows up. LOL I know that Y seams are not my favorite, and thank goodness for Utube, or I would still be struggling with those.