View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 06:32 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

I agree. If you heat up a cup of water or any liquid for that matter and take it out of the microwave, you will notice condensation. Leave the door open to evaporate completely before putting anything like most grains/rice. It will cook a bit.
Originally Posted by pinkflowers View Post
I have made corn bags for many years...just love them. And they do make well-received gifts. I just made my first rice bag because I found an unopened bag of Uncle Ben's long grain that got lost in the cupboard and expired long ago. So I thought I would put the rice to good use. I was pleased with the result, but I'm not sure I want to give up those big feed corn kernels that stay warm so long.
Anyhow, my thoughts on your puffy rice is this: When I heat a corn bag in the microwave there is a good amount of moisture produced and left on the microwave inner surfaces. Especially with the newest corn bags. I am wondering if the rice in question that puffed up was heated after the others when there was moisture condensation in the microwave and this is what caused the rice to swell.