View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 12:05 PM
hooked_on_quilts

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
Oh, that first one is reminiscent of the whole, "back-to-the-land/homestead" movement in the late 60s and early 70s. Everything was calico prints and gardening themes. (Remember granny dresses? Katherine Ross' dresses in Butch Cassidy?) I'm sure that you can find fabrics to match up with that. The second one looks a little more quaint...perhaps a nod to the 30s. There's lots of mens' shirt prints in that...again, with little, calico prints. Try looking on Connecting Threads site. They have a lot of this kind of stuff. and, as I mentioned before, Effies, on EBay has a lot of these prints as well.

Thanks for sharing...the quilts are going to be beautiful and straight from the heart.

~ C
Thank you so much!!! I'm so very green at this, that having someone familiar with the fabrics of that era is, to me, priceless! I do really appreciate your input. I checked Effies yesterday and put that shop in my list and will keep watching. I'll head over to Connecting Threads and see what I can find there. I'm excited to have places to watch! We used to have a company here that did estate sales, and I thought I would maybe luck out and find something at one of their sales, but they haven't had any sales this winter.

We felt that it was a great way to honor her, and maybe put a smile on her face. <3