View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 02:08 PM
letawellman

Rob, I love your third finish!
For some reason, it makes me think of when Mt. Saint Helen blew her stack, and that river of ash just cut through everything.

Well, I decided NOT to add anything else to the "Daughter" quilt. Took it to her this weekend, and she loved it, loved the colors, and she actually said "I'm glad you didn't do a lot of stitching on this one-it keeps my focus on the message and the colors".

When we got home Sunday afternoon, I finished re-assembling "Glory" (the red/white/blue sort-of-log-cabin). Now all I have to do is add the two borders, and I'll have another flimsy. I'll post pics once I get the borders on. This one has really gotten on my nerves - what with the poorly written instructions (wasn't very clear on which was the mostly red block and which was the mostly blue block), the color arrangement does not make me happy. Add to that where I was looking at the wrong setting (twin, instead of queen), and then the last corner on the last row just kept getting turned around, I'm really tired of looking at it. I'll probably just do a panto on this to get it out of my way, then list it for sale on my Etsy site. I plan on getting the borders on, then working on an entirely different UFO. Like I said, "Glory" really got on my nerves. One thing I did remember to do was pre-wash the deep red batik backing that will be on Glory. Of the three flimsies, one is a large wall hanging size, one is about twin sized, and Glory is queen sized.

So, my "official" count for January is 4 finishes. I have 3 flimsies (counting Glory) queued up, but I think I'll look at the next UFO on my list. But, now that I think about it, I know I have a Lone Star that I need to frog (major tension issues) then load back on the frame. I think that will be my next one. I can frog while watching the TV with hubby, and get a little time with him.

We went to Raleigh this weekend, and got to see my grandbaby. His name is Oakley, and he's 19 months old. So, here's a pic to make you smile...
Attached Thumbnails oakley-dinner.jpg