Old 02-02-2016, 05:42 AM
Onebyone
Power Poster

so, like you say about appliances...well used/replace after 10 yrs? I'm going to have to check on mine too. Good idea using the eraser to push down...did you re glue the foam back down?
Yes, I have brand new ones to replace the older used ones but I thought may as well see if the dies could be fixed. The blade and foam are all one piece on a thin piece of wood that fits in the bottom of the green base. I used Elmer's All Purpose glue to reset. I cut the foam from around one square die shape, and DH honed the blade, it cuts six layers like butter, no foam needed. I put paper over the die blades to hold the fabric. I wouldn't do that to save a die, just wanted to see what would happen and how it all works. The blade razor edges are thin so handle and store the dies carefully. DH took my Go apart. It's all metal inside the working parts. Very well made. He replaced the bearings as my Go was one of the first one shipped and has thousands of turns of the rollers over the years. Works like brand new.

The new dies have two toned foam and the new strip dies have the angle lines drawn. I like the new ones.

Last edited by Onebyone; 02-02-2016 at 05:50 AM.