Old 02-02-2016, 06:29 PM
slbram17

Originally Posted by PghPat View Post
I have been trying off and on for a few years to learn to free motion quilt. Each time I really put my heart into it I do accomplish just a bit more - but by the time I am ready to try quilting something else I just can't do it. I just finished a baby quilt last month and was so happy with the quilting - front and back (just got it mailed yesterday - bummer). It was the first item I did a something other than practice blocks. I actually remembered to write down my settings and tried to duplicate it - but it is awful. I have move my settings all over the place. I am posting a picture front and back on a scrap block that I just tried on and you will see my top thread (on the back) is all loops. The picture of the machine is the settings that were used on that block. Of course that was about the 6th different settings I tried. Can anyone help me? I tried changing the needle - retreading the top and the bobbin thread to no avail. I'm not sure how much you can tell by these pictures. Thanks for even looking at my posting. Pat

[ATTACH=CONFIG]541740[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]541741[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]541739[/ATTACH]
When I had something like this happen (actually more than once), it turned out to be a tiny piece of thread stuck in my bobbin tension path. Very hard to see and I had to use the head of a pin to remove, but it fixed it. Very frustrating because it was not readily visible. This has happened to both top loader and front loader bobbins for me.