Old 02-02-2016, 07:31 PM
greenwillow

Default Update on my Pfaff 1222E bought at Garage Sale last weekend - a couple of concerns.

I noted in another post that I thought I could epoxy the foot lever back together, but upon taking a closer look, the plastic was cracked going into the guts of the machine.

I found a few replacements online, but they were more than I wanted to spend at this time. So, I took a little epoxy putty (plumbers putty) and fashioned a new lever. It's working great!

The machine was a little surface dirty and the tension was off. It didn't take long to get it cleaned up and making nice stitches.

Today, I used the machine to sew a little jacket. It didn't clog up once! However, the machine seems really slow/hesitant to get started. When I start with the needle down in the cloth or up at the top and give the wheel a little push it still has to work harder than I would expect.

Indeed, the hand turning the wheel is quite difficult. I have arthritis and there isn't much on the wheel to hang onto, so it might just be me, but I'd sure like and opinion from another Pfaff owner on their experience.

Then, when I get the needle going, it sounds like the rhythm is off. Sort of stitch, stitch, stitch, hesitate, stitch, stitch, stitch, hesitate, etc.

Again, the thread stitching itself is solid, it's just the hesitation that that is bothering me. I've never sewn with a walking foot, so perhaps that's normal?

Ideas? Suggestions?