View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Oklahoma Suzie

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I see it as a way for quilt stores to streamline cutting. If they had to cut a quarter yard of several prints, it would take time. If they are busy, the line would get long and customers would complain. By cutting fat quarters in off-peak hours, it allows shoppers to get what they want without having to wait at a cutting table for small pieces. I also think stores sell more fabric when they make it easier on the customers. So, should they charge more for a FQ when it actually improves their business and makes the customer happier? I wouldn't be happier paying more for the same fabric just because of the cut and they wouldn't be too happy if I held up a line at the cutting table because I wanted fifteen 1/4 cuts from fifteen different bolts. However, if it made the difference in paying $3.75 more for that fabric, I might think about doing exactly that. It does add up over time. Not only that, but I would probably go to a store that didn't charge more if I was looking to add to my FQ stash or do a FQ quilt.
I totally agree with this.