Old 02-05-2016, 08:11 PM
Kwiltr

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
Another few thoughts.

It may be that the upper thread is not feeding evenly. I assume you are using a good quality thread cover on the cone? (I have found that the soft ones from Superior Threads are really good.) Are you also using a thread stand such as this one by Superior Threads?
https://www.superiorthreads.com/shop...thread-holder/

If you are using the thread stand, you can try folding a small piece of batting and inserting it into the round hole at the top of the thread stand. Your thread then flows not only through that hole, but inside the fold of that batting. Glide is very slippery thread, and that extra bit of tension added by the folded batting smooths out how it feeds to your machine. This is what I have done on my midarm setup, and it does help the thread tension of the Glide stay even as I quilt even when going faster or slower. This might also help keep the thread from jumping out of the tension discs.
Quick response....
I use those exact thread nets on my cones of thread and there is no slack in the thread between the thread stand on the machine and the thread guide before the tension discs. Tomorrow, I'm going to adjust the guide immediately above the tension discs to increase the angle on the path going to the tension discs and try that out. Secondly, I just placed an order for some Mega Genie Bobbin Washers to hopefully deal with the backlash issue. I will keep you posted! Thanks!