Old 02-06-2016, 09:05 PM
Kwiltr

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
I have a Gammill Classic Plus and find on an all batik I need to not have it so tight on the frame rollers--but not sure how that translates to a sit-down, maybe using your suspension system to relieve the weight of the quilt? I have had problems with Glide not staying in the intermediate tensioner--usually a sock over the cone does the trick, but sometimes have had to do another loop around the tensioner. Good luck--nothing mroe discouraging that having stitch issues! You didn't say, but do you have a stitch regulator? I'm having some issues with mine and need to re-set the regulator "wheel"--it only shows up when I'm working from the back and going fast in one direction--something in your explanation reminded me of this and thought maybe it's the stitch regulator that's out of whack.
Hi, and thanks for your response! I don't have a stitch regulator, just me . I have a suspension set up, but don't use it always, as it isn't always better than just puddling the quilt, depending on the motifs etc. I've ordered my bobbin genies and praying they do the trick for me as far as the backlash goes, and adjusted my thread guide on the machine. I do use a thread net on my thread too. Ah, a never ending learning experience!