View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 04:15 PM
tebill

Originally Posted by gigi4419 View Post
Very pretty! Could you post instructions please? Thank you!
To learn how to make raggedy edge quilts, I watched some of the videos available on the internet. I used flannelette for both the front and back of the blocks and also put a layer of batting in the middle of each block. I cut my flannelette pieces 8" x 8" and my batting is 6 1/2" square so that it doesn't show on the front of the quilt when I nip it to allow it to fray or go raggy. I sewed an "x" from corner to corner after making each little block sandwich and that held the batting in place. The important thing is to take your quilt to the Laundromat and wash & dry it there a couple of times as the fraying can easily block home machine drains! The industrial machines can handle it as they are made differently. I also highly recommend that you buy scissors that are made for working on raggy quilts. I just bought a second pair from Amazon - excellent for ragging and your hand won't be hurting. It was like cutting through butter with a knife - seriously. (Heritage brand). If you need more information, please send me a message and I'll help however I can!