View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 06:12 PM
MeadowMist

Yes, lots of great info here!!! I think my other quilt came out like mud because of the lack of contrast - I had lots of mediums, a few darks and a few lights. The darks stood out and looked good but but everything else looked "confused." I also had lots of different "themes" - modern florals, 30's, civil war, Christmas brights, etc.

Prism - yes, agreed, it really was a lot of work cutting up the squares, and yeah, I also cut them a little big and then cut down to size, so there's even more work. But they are cut, so I'm just going to move forward. Like you I get bogged down with all the cutting, piecing, and pressing. But I love assembling and having everything fall into place. Hopefully I'll move forward fast cause I really want to get on to my next scrappy - though I'm thinking of giving away some of my scraps to the local guilds yearly sale.

Marley - great site, I haven't seen her site before, I like it!

Edited to add - I didn't realize the picture posted. This IS NOT my mud quilt. This is another scrappy made from my leftovers from my Christmas pillow project.
Attached Thumbnails img_3230-copy-copy.jpg  

Last edited by MeadowMist; 02-07-2016 at 06:16 PM.