Old 02-07-2016, 09:05 PM
NoraB

Default Home exercise equipment...anything you really like?

Seems like there are a lot of pieces of home exercise equipment for sale out there. Just wondering what folks find most effective to get a workout that will maintain and promote muscle (not muscle-building), balance, strength and flexibility for the "over 60 crowd". I'm not looking for aerobic stuff (like an exercise bicycle, elliptical or treadmill).

I've heard of using Total Gym, Body Blade, light hand-held weights, Body Gym (Marie Osmond/QVC), etc. Anyone have any recommendations?

I know it also requires using the device and consistency, but I just wanted anyone's experiences with any of the above items.

Thanks for your help! I don't want to buff up...just want to maintain flexibility, build some muscle tone and not injure myself in the meantime.

I have to tell you about 4 years ago, I purchased those walking sticks that you use when walking to increase your movement and open up your "chest".... I loved them until the day I somehow tried to do 2 things at the same time and one of the sticks ended up in front of me as I was walking and before I knew it...I was flat on the ground, face down, glasses knocked off, glass out of the glasses and hands roughed up! I also ended up tearing my rotator cuff, surgery, etc. I'm not a klutz, but I need something safe! ha! Thanks!