Old 02-08-2016, 07:41 AM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by carolaiken View Post
I've have the Total Gym for many years and love it. You use your body weight to do your exercise so it's adjusted to your strength. I am more toned than I ever was when I was young, my legs and arms are stronger and I can keep my tummy in reasonable shape. My husband starting using it about a year ago and likes that it has helped his arm strength.
Total Gym 1400 Deluxe Home Fitness Exercise Machine Equipment with Workout DVD is on Amazon for around $250 and is a step up from mine.
i too have had the total gym for many years. the newer ones are a lot less expensive and have more variety of uses. but all, even my old one can be used for pilates or total body workout. it's not used for holding clothes, it's my main source of muscle tone/strength maintenance over winter months. i have been arthritic in back & major joints since a teen. push-ups & similar high stress exercises are not possible w/o pain, but the way the total gym works i can do most everything except lateral twists w/o residual pain. my son had the wii for a while, i loved the boxing program! and did well, he was quite surprised ! the wii is excellent for balance training like skip rope etc. walking is great if you have someplace you can walk ..someplace safe, someplace where low traffic volume so you're not hyperventilating and breathing in toxic car exhaust fumes.

basically ..just move! even if it's only to walk in place. ALL exercise routines can become boring, unless you have a partner maybe, it doesn't matter what or how you exercise, it gets boring. desire to maintain health status & remain independent is worth the boredom tho!