Old 02-09-2016, 07:19 AM
NikkiLu

Years ago there was an old converted school bus that came to our town once a year or so. It was advertised in the newspaper a week ahead of time. You could take all of your old feather pillows to them - they parked next to a dry cleaner. They would take the feathers out of the ticking, run them though some sort of a cleaner (think big fan) and clean all of the "dust", etc. out of them and then blow them back into a brand new pillow ticking. It was a man and his wife. So, you could drop off your pillows one day and pick them up in a day or two, inside of the cleaners, cleaned and in a new ticking and in a plastic bag. The cost was very small - maybe $10 per pillow. But worth it as my pillows came from my mother-in-law who was born in 1898 and raised 10 children during the depression. She raised the geese that she plucked the feathers from once a year. But, sadly, I have not seen that pillow cleaning company come through here in many years - guess the need for their services has disappeared.