View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 10:53 PM
lmnopquilter

Lots of great advice! Thanks again to all the latest posters. Just some additional info on many of the quilts for quilting in my area - Along with the awesome quilts that you guys are quilting (which I'm not good enough to work on) there are the Walmart sale fabrics quilts, the cotton sheets used for backing, the occasional 'cut up my old velour jumpers' and used those old polyester pants of dad's - and this particular customer is a Sister (yep the religious kind) - so not a lot of disposable income for some. This is the reason I was charging the area's going rate of .01. I assumed (yep.. it always gets ya) that since the going rate was common knowledge I believe she knew what she was agreeing to. I think she figured $80 was a lot of money and that I wouldn't charge above $50. Anyway, I only thought to do quilting for others to offset some of my own quilting expenses - just a few hundred a year. But, hearing about the hassles...I'm thinking its not worth the effort. I'm gonna become Cinderella and stay in my own little corner of my own little room. :-) However, if I do any quilting for others in the future.. I will definitely make sure customer and I are on the same page!