View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 08:26 AM
dorismae904

I've made dozens of fidget mats and have standing request for more. Mine are the size of a large place mat, more or less. I large meander quilt the batting to the top piece, sew the back to it right sides together, leaving approx 4 inches for turning. Once turned I stitch a 1/4 around the edges. This I call my blank. I put the same activities on each one but different. Zippers with ribbon pulls. Velour, toweling, minky, fleece, silky fabrics(usually doubled). These are cut 4 or 5 inches square, zigzaged to the blank, some with a bit of stuffing, a lot with doubled ribbons sewn on the edge, and some with a squeaker inside. I bought the squeakers online from a pet supply place. I found 6 inch rolls of white organza, turn under the edges and zigzag around, put some sequins in before finishing the stitching. They all seem to like that. A rectangle large enough to put their hand in, maybe a small piece of lace or fleece inside. I don't know how to post pics, which would be better than a book. You are only limited by your imagination. Please remember beads or things that can be torn off can be swallowed and all of these mats are subjected to heavy duty laundry machines.