Thread: February POM
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 06:42 PM
Patchesnposies

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
I am still working on mine tonight. I just have to sew around them. I was delayed yesterday, because I wasn't feeling well. With the autoimmune stuff, it lets me know when I will finish something instead of the other way around. I am still trying to accept that. I am never late on my projects though, but have cancelled one when there was a death in the family. Life happens of course, but I am not going to ignore a family member that I love or a close friend over a tiny project to race as fast as I can go. I also love the process of it all. That is where I get my pleasure of it from too as others have said.

I actually left quicker than I would have another swap that I enjoyed due to some ready to send so fast that I didn't now what was expected anymore. Not only was the fun taken out, but I felt like if I didn't have enough goodies to build it up really good then I wasn't wanted on there. We all have different levels of income, that is just fine, but it's when some will go on about one person's swap being a really good package due to all the extra's then I feel like well I guess mine wasn't then.

I often wonder how many good folks have looked around, and seen the swaps thinking they would be fun, and then see all that extra stuff and just go on there way, because they have 6 kids and maybe can't afford too.

I rarely say much, so this is my 2cents for once.
Susan, thank you so much for sharing your feelings. Your words are wise and also encouraging. I have been guilty of "over-gifting"and never really thought about how that could end up creating feelings of someone being unworthy because they did not get OR give a lot. That is terrible.

For me, I have lived a long time and have acquired so much fabric/notions etc... that I just loved sending out some of the bounty to my partners. I also love to send small things that represent my geographical area.

I just participated in a swap where it was required NOT to send extras (unless a card or poem) and I found that not having the (self imposed) pressure to over-do was quite reassuring to me. I was able to concentrate on my set of six coasters. Though I had to fight really HARD not to create a fabric basket to put them in because that would be extra! lol

At any rate, I ask the forgiveness of anyone I might have made feel pressured to produce more than they were able. That was certainly never my intent.

Deb