View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 05:53 AM
Geri B

Default My question on pp

I don't do much, so each time is like the first time....bought a pattern called grandmothers jumping jacks...thinking..good way to use up scraps......ugh pp! Only 5 pieces each block, ok. Printed out a few, just to reintroduce myself to process...dug out pp supplies, woke up those brain cells...have carol doaks DVD+ books, but didn't want to waste the time reading. First one - ok, second one, ehh, then I got confused....cutting fabric from wrong side, yadda, yadda!

my question: when sewing piece to piece, do you start and stop at sewing lines or just beyond dotted line (which would be , in piecing, the end of fabric).....

another question- if your doing multiple blocks, same design, do you chain piece as in regular patchwork, or do you complete each block..then begin another?

then I read on some tute...if shapes are odd shaped, as opposed to recs,sqs,trngls, take as many as needed paper patterns and cut those into templates for each piece needed, allowing for a generous seam allowance, which would be cut accurately after sewing....phew! Maybe I should just bag scraps and get rid of them!
thanks for reading my venting.....