View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 12:56 PM
letawellman

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]542427[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]542428[/ATTACH]I
I know it is not the prettiest quilt. I was looking to rid myself of the dancing feet checkered fabric. My piecing is not perfect on this either. I need to work on intersections of this pattern. I do love the look of it though. My border quilting I think pulled this quilt together. I cut this and started it about six or seven years ago. So glad is all done.
QuilterMomma, I think you did a super-fabu-glorious job!!
I love the effects you can get with curved pieces, but alas!! Curves and I do not piece peacefully together!! You are right that your quilting tied it all so nicely together.
And as far as getting rid of fabric that you don't like, Bonnie Hunter says "If it's still ugly, you didn't cut it small enough!"

I managed to embroider another animal for one UFO, and quilt another 1 1/2 rows on "Glory". We have some errands to do tomorrow, but afterwards I'm hoping to finish Glory, and have that as my February UFO. Then she gets thrown in the washing machine, then either sold on Etsey or just given to hubby to use as his armchair quilt. Which probably also means that Cowboy will get to shed all over it as well.

We had some snow flurries here at work - I'm hoping the major stuff holds off until after I get home. We're supposed to get some pretty heavy snow (heavy for us, that is) very early Monday morning, so I'll be taking the laptop home in case I have to dial into the office on Monday.

Hope everyone gets to finish a UFO this weekend!!