View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 01:05 PM
Sharonquilts

Default Mid arm, long arm, stand up, sit down?

I don't mind researching ... I actually like it. HOWEVER, I've spent enough time (so far) that I could have made a few quilts! I tried a Juki 2200QVP and fell in love in about 5 minutes. In reality, I don't really have space for a frame and am not ready to make a $9,000 investment (I don't do large quilts). The upside is I have a dealer 10-15 minutes away which is important to me. And the Juki moved so easily I felt like I could FMQ better.

So I'm researching mid-arm/sit-down machines. Unfortunately, dealers are 1.5 to 2.5 hours away ... a long drive just to try a machine. I know you are going to tell me to go to a show ... and I will ... but the last one I attended only had the "big" guys there (Gammill, etc.) which isn't what I need. I've researched the HQ, Bailey, Brother, etc. But with no dealers nearby I'm hoping some will show up at the Charlotte and Salisbury shows coming up soon

I know some of you prefer a sit-down for health reasons. Others the LA's because you do large quilts. Has anyone used both? Did you FMQ better standing or sitting? I don't plan to quilt for others ... just for charity mostly and for myself. Any suggestions how I stop obsessing over the Juki? LOL

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-12-2016 at 02:55 PM. Reason: venting not permitted