View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 01:10 PM
letawellman

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
SQ, I'm sure you aren't the only one with that problem. In fact, I ran across two unstarted projects in my stash a few days ago. Both I'd totally forgotten. We need a USP challenge board...UnStarted Projects.
OK now, Janice - let's get some more inroads on our UFO's before you start us on the USP's. I may have as many USP's as I do UFO's!

I've done really good with not buying any new fabric - but I think I will probably break down and buy some tomorrow. A local wholesale fabric company (Foust Textiles) is having their "open to the public" day today and tomorrow. That's a really good place to buy wide backings and roll batting. Plus I want to get another bolt of 60" wide muslin to continue practicing my wall-hanging size wholecloth quilts.
Other than that, I've done really well - I have managed to resist all the online fabric store emails, screaming "Valentine's Day Sale", and just deleted them without even opening them.

Whenever I see those emails, I remind myself of all the UFO's and USP's that I already have - and how bulging my shelves and totes in my sewing room are.

I'm hoping my next finishes are: Glory, the embroidered animals quilt, the OTHER animals quilt, a couple of tops I found at yard sales, my Moda Shuffle blocks, a Drunkard's Path, and a Double Wedding Ring. And there are the other two flimsies (Pineapple and wall hanging Lone Star). And I still have to frog the other Lone Star (I'm really dreading that one).

I have a new grandbaby that is due April 11. I have to decide if I want the embroidered animals quilt to be hers or if I want to do something completely new (which will bust my "no new fabric vow" all to pieces). Or, maybe - just MAYBE - I can use my wide muslin to make her a wholecloth quilt? what do you folks think?