View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 01:45 PM
Deecee

I have silver wings at the temples and coloured my hair for years until I started to think about how to transition my hair colour to suit my older face. I had started noticing friends and family looking less attractive with unsuitable hair colour for their skin and really didn't want to fall into that category. So I did the lighter hair colour and didn't feel any better about it so decided to go cold turkey and had my hair cut short and just let it grow out.

The back of my hair is still mainly very dark with sprinklings of silver but mainly silver at the front. Most people think it looks great. I did get surprised looks from those I hadn't seen during the transition. My older sister boasts that I am more grey than she is, but I can see her scalp through her dyed thin hair and I don't think my silver makes me look any older than that does.

Occasionally I add one skinny streak of colour (burgundy or purple) just for a bit of fun.

My son's MIL does the shoulder length bottle blond bit (she's 64) and would be horrified if she could hear the comments that are passed by strangers behind her back.