Thread: Paducah?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 02:56 PM
NikkiLu

Everybody should go at least once to a big Quilt Show. My youngest DD lives in Paducah (5 hours from here) and DH and I have been going every year and stay with her. She can arrange her days off from her job so she can chauffer us around in her little car that can park in 1/2 the space of our car. She knows where to go and how to get there and that can really help. The atmosphere in the town is fabulous - most of the activities are in the downtown area and the stores are all decorated with quilts, etc. and rented out for quilt stores, etc. DH just goes along with us to "people watch". Most of the ladies come on busses from all over the country, Canada, etc. and they wear name tags from their bus or quilt club, etc. I asked my DH the first year, what he thought that the average age of the ladies was and he said "70 and they are all from Iowa". I said "IOWA??? I don't remember seeing any name tags from Iowa?? He said that they were "corn fed" - LOL - meaning that they were "well fed" - we are farmers and raise registered Angus cattle - LOL. That was many years ago. I asked him again this past year and we decided that the age was much lower now - lots of gals with green, orange, pink, blue spikey hair, tattoos and body piercings were there. Unfortunately, we will not be able to go this year. My very favorite store is Hancocks of Paducah - not to be confused with the Hancock Fabric Store. They do run some specials during the show.

Last edited by NikkiLu; 02-13-2016 at 02:59 PM.