View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 08:50 AM
Tothill

Natural red head here with the freckles to prove it. Just about 50.

My grandmother and my uncle (her son) both were pure white by 30. Prior to then they had dark hair. Granny was a smoker and used to get yellow staining above her face. She would use laundry bluing to rinse her hair. It never looked blue, but enhanced the white.

My dad at 87 has thinning white hair.

I have been getting my hair professionally coloured 2-4 times a year. Franny, Colourist extraordinaire, uses foils and 3-4 different colours from blond highlights, to dark burgundy low lights. The main shade is a very close match to my natural colour. It is expensive, but I love it. With the layering of colour it is not too bad as my roots grow in. Unless you are looking directly at the top of my head. If I do not have the funds saved up to have it done professionally I will do it at home between the pro treatments.

I do have white wings just in front of my ears, so maybe I will be all white at some point.

I am booked to see her next week. The last two years have been incredibly stressful, having my hair professionally coloured is my treat.

I think we each must do what feels right for ourselves. For the next few years I will be colouring my hair, after that, who knows?