Old 02-14-2016, 02:50 PM
cpatterson411

I bought my Baby Lock Destiny last July (for my birthday). I have used it almost every day since I've had it. Yes it is a very large machine with all the bells and whistles. I have it in the shop only because there was thread caught inside and I couldn't get it out. It is not a machine they allow us to work on. Mainly because it is a computer that sews and how many of us take our computer apart? I consider myself intermediate level as far a technology. If you are able to piece together a quilt I am sure you would be able to work with this machine. Baby Lock has made it so easy with the on board videos and resource classes it is not hard to learn. It was not stated what the issues were with the machine. I have had a few but have worked them out. For instance, the thread kept breaking... The machine wasn't threaded correctly as in the thread was coming off the spool incorrectly. The other thing was I was using the incorrect needle size and brand. I now use Schmetz 90/14 for all my embroidery. I slowed the speed down too which helped more than anything. My theory, although our machines are made to sew faster than the speed of lightening our thread technology has not caught up to our machine technology. I use "SPECIAL" needles for embroidery. Since I have been doing these things I have not had any problems. The credit for all this information is from the guys who work on these and all other machines at Select Sewing in Indianapolis, IN.
Bottom line, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my machine. I am just getting to know it and the more I learn the more I love it. It makes all my sewing tasks easier and looks professional. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
My history: I have owned in this order, White, Singer, New Home and two Viking sewing machines in my 30 plus years of sewing. I also just purchased a Baby Lock serger about two years ago and I believe Baby Lock is at the top of the list on home sewing machines.