View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 05:42 PM
jeanharville

I think this is the way Bonnie Hunter does it and she doesn't use pins.
Here is you-tube video about how to use the easy angle ruler.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXN8M8cn1HQ

Originally Posted by MeadowMist View Post
I'm making a scrappy quilt with 1280 half square triangles. I have all my squares cut, now my next step is to take that little ruler (there's a name for it but I don't know what it is) and put it down the diagonal of each square, then draw a line on each side of the ruler, then stitch on each line and then cut the square down the diagonal.

Question for you - it would be much faster if I could cut down the diagonal first and then chain piece a quarter of an inch from that cut edges on each of the pieces. The end result would be the same, wouldn't it? Any reason why I shouldn't do this?

I'm cutting each square a little bigger than it needs to be so after all of the above I still have to take each of the 1280 hsq's and cut them to size. This is turning out to be quite a project and I'm hoping to save a step here. Seems that step of drawing the line is kind of "extra" but I still new at this so maybe I'm missing something.