View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 08:59 PM
Just Jan

Originally Posted by alikigirl View Post
Jan, do you have a project in mind for all of this, or are you just adding to stash? The reason I ask, is my DH bought me a yard of over 20 fabrics similar to this, and I can't decide if I should use them all in 1 quilt or not. Georgia in FL
I'm making a quilt using six colors: purple, green, blue, pink, tan, and orange-ish rust. I had the coordinating fabric in those colors in my stash. What makes it work is the solid black. The pinwheels form as the blocks are set together and I'm adding a solid black border. I'm sure you could use white or ivory with them and use as many colors as you want. I don't have a picture of the top yet but scanned parts of it for you to see. Hope they post and you can get ideas.
The first pix is a blue 10" single block. Its know by several other names: Twin Sisters, Whirl Wind, and I think there are at least two more names for it. The last block is purple, not gray as it looks here!
Attached Thumbnails twin-sisters-block-001.jpg   twin-sisters-1-001.jpg   twin-sisters2-001.jpg  

Last edited by Just Jan; 02-14-2016 at 09:02 PM.