View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 08:07 AM
rryder

[QUOTE=SuziSew;7465824]
Originally Posted by rryder View Post

Rob I really love your artistic quilts, you should send them to an art gallery and have your own show!

Thanks Suzie, as a matter of fact, these are supposed to go into a gallery here in Richmond for a one month solo show. Unfortunately it's supposed to open at the end of March and the space is pretty big. I only had 9 of these that were UFOs and I figured I'd need at least another 8 to properly work in the space... they've said I could add in other types of work, such as drawings, or my encaustic paintings if I have some that will play nicely with these since there is no way I can make another 8 from start to finish in one month... but I'm on a roll with the UFOs and I was really looking forward to finishing up some of my more traditional UFOs... maybe my mid-century modern crumb quilt would work with these....that's the one I really want to get to next, the crumb blocks have been sitting around for 2 years and I finally put it together into a quilt top in January. I'd planned on having that be my first finish for the year, but then the gallery asked for these pieces, so it went on the back burner again...

Rob