View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 07:53 PM
Rose_P

Default Baby Boy Quilt Finished

There's nothing like knowing we have a new grandson on the way to make me get to work on a quilt. I found this pattern here: http://www.favequilts.com/Kids-Quilt...-Quilt-Pattern . I almost did not click on that because it was in a list of girl quilts, but I liked it and thought the only thing girly about it is the colors. I changed the design a little by making my trapezoids an inch taller than hers, which added 8" to the height of the quilt. Also, I made some of the diamonds bigger and their surrounding borders smaller to keep the trapezoids all the same size. I don't like making templates, but just drew a triangle according to the instructions and took it to Jo-ann's where I found a ruler that worked perfectly, called the EZ Tri-Recs rulers by Wright. The finished size of mine is 48" X 51". The blue side is the back, where I have a little I-spy going on, too. I used lime green thread and a walking foot to quilt it. I usually make more traditional patterns, but really enjoyed making this and hope the parents and baby will like it.
Attached Thumbnails freddie_quilt_done.jpg   freddie_quilt_back.jpg