View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 09:34 AM
rryder

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
Congratulations on another finish. Did you use the special stitches that so many of our machines have. I am working up the courage to begin one of these projects.
Anoka, yes, I do use the special stitches that my PC420 has. They are wonderful. If you can find the time go ahead and make a "stitch bible". I did that when I first got myPC420 and am very glad I did. I have also made some of these pieces using my old Brother VX560 which only has 7 stitches--I just varied the length and width on them and also used the button hole stitch. So it's possible to make these pieces on an older zigzag machine that doesn't have all the decorative stitches that today's machines have.

I also do a lot of FMQ on them in order to get texture and to make some areas recede and other areas pop forward.

Don't stress about doing these projects, they are very forgiving. Think of it as play, you're playing with materials and techniques to see what will happen--since it's play you can't mess up. Send me a PM when you decide to get started if you have any questions about how to do something.

Rob