Old 02-16-2016, 07:42 PM
gotta-sew

Here is my experience and I hope it helps. I have used the older Magna Hoop on my Babylock Eseante. It was fine, but it does use up hoop space and not nearly as strong as I wanted. I bought the Magna Hoop- Hoop Monster for my Babylock Ellissimo Gold. All kinds of I love it.... I even purchased a second one in a different size. It holds so well and so easy to adjust the item to get it hooped straight. I have also used this on a Pfaff Creative Sensation Pro. It was wonderful. I use them for all my embroidery, not just quilts. Yes, I have quilted a few projects using my embroidery machine. Pretty slick. Might I suggest using the product Print and Stick. It is also made by DIME. (Same as the Hoops). What ever design you choose as your quilt design. Print it out on the Print and Stick. You will reuse it over and over on your quilt. This way, after you have sewn out the design once (now you know where your working from) you will peal the design off the paper it comes on, place it next to the design you have already sewn (If your design connects like a continuous design, perfect way to line it up). It will stick to the fabric without leaving any sticky residue behind. Put your hoop back on your machine, now line up your needle with the cross hairs printed on the design (center your needle). Remove the Print and Stick template and push start on your machine. Repeat until finished. I used with success, the same template, on flannel 66 times. Mine was edge to edge quilting. If your doing blocks...even easier. YouTube probably has a video. I know there is one on there demoing the Quilt E. They used these products. Best of luck.