View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 11:23 PM
Feather3

LOL cute . Printing this out & putting it on my sewing room door. Actually I consider myself a "Jill" of all trades & master of none. If I can get it under the needle I can sew it or fix it in some fashion. The ONLY sewing I do by hand is pretty much stitching holes shut in dog toys, LOL. My brother often calls me & says I need this fixed. Never asks can you do it. He recently brought me a soft rifle case that needs a new zipper & lining. Once he brought me a leather tool belt that needed repaired. It was full of wood shavings & dust & had a few nails in the pockets & he had it stapled & duct taped together. Another time he wanted me to make a "boat hide". He bought this camo burlap fabric that was in 3 sections & I can't remember how many yards long, but it was huge. Long story short I got his wife to come sew it on my industrial, as I had other sewing that needed done. NEVER again. Thank goodness my industrial machine is in a different room than my sewing room, as the burlap & the camo coating made a huge mess, that took me 3 hours to clean up later. The oil pan & bobbin area was full of burlap dust. The best is my husband, who often wants some old item of clothing/jacket/etc fixed, that is way beyond ready for the rag bin, fabric areas missing, etc, & says can't you just put a stitch in it??? After he retired he started telling me how to sew!!! This morning he tells me he has 2 pair of jeans that need fixed. He wears them out just above the knee & thigh area & along the pocket edges. Now mind you I can make jeans just like factory made right down to the rivets. So he tells me he wants new fronts on & how to do it. UGHH! As I look back I wish I had kept a journal of all the things I have repaired over the years & how I did it. What a story that would have been, LOL.