View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 07:01 AM
eparys

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
First your putting yardsticks to raise your clamps is what I have been doing for 20yrs...it really is the solution for that prob. My method....do first border, begin inside work...up to side borders.....baste edges of those sides as you roll up...finish your end horizontal border...remove from rollers...reposition, having your basted borders now horizontal and do your final two borders. As far as fm the design your wanting to. You can premarital the spots you want the kites to be at with maybe a chalk mark, and when you get to one, or near enough, do it......just keep moving and it will begin to flow for you....don't put yourself on super speed, take it slower....
OMHO, great advice from Geri B. The only thing I do differently is the yard sticks. I started off using yard sticks but as I advanced the quilt I would always "drop" the stick on the floor. I bought two old fashion cheap white curtain rods (the ones that are about 3/4" wide that come out from the wall and are adjustable). One for each side. The bent ends of the rods catch my take up and supply roller, do not fall off and easily slide into place.