View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 07:02 AM
Blackberry

Default Oh, my. I just couldn't resist

Well, here I am again adding another sewing machine to the 70+ machines that I already have but this one just intrigued me. It is a Necchi BU Mira made in Italy. I paid $60 for it which might have been too much but I was so intrigued by it I kind of lost my head as to price. I have never seen one quite like it. I have two other Necchis but this one is just so different. I finally found a manual and downloaded it from the internet. Now I need to study it so I will know how to thread this machine, wind a bobbin, etc. and especially how to use this cam attachment or maybe it is part of the machine. The machine moves freely but could definitely use a good cleaning and oiling. There was a box of accessories but I am not sure they go with this machine. There were a couple of bobbin cases that are stamped Made In Italy with the part number listed. It came in a cabinet but since I am so short on space I am going to take it out of the cabinet. I will need to somehow wire up a different foot pedal as the one on the cabinet has no way to press down with your foot. I have an empty Kenmore cabinet that is quite small but I am not sure it will fit. The machine looks to be in very good condition although like I said it needs a good cleaning and polishing. Does anyone on the board have a machine like this one. If so, any pointers you can give me would be very welcome.
Attached Thumbnails necchi-bu-mira-estate-sale-%2460.jpg   necchi-cam-area.jpg   bottom-area.jpg   accessories.jpg   bobbin-cases-made-italy.jpg