Old 02-20-2016, 12:03 PM
MargeD
Power Poster

The first 3 bed size quilts I made were a full size for my daughter, which she used on her twin size bed, then a twin size made slightly larger so that it would hang down the sides for my son's twin size bed. The third bed size quilt was for our king size bed, which I made about 110" x 110" because as my one SIL said: "One good turn deserves all the covers"; and even though I hadn't met my now husband of 47 years then, she described it exactly as he was a "quilt hog". So, in order for me to have any chance of getting the quilt, especially in winter, I made the quilt larger. Also, since I was new to quilting and nobody had told me the "rules", I probably broke all of them when I quilted it on my Kenmore sewing machine. Was it perfect, no; however, I really, really learned a lot by making and quilting that quilt, and except for a couple pen/marker stains from my DH, it could still be used on a bed, but I have it put away now. I'm thinking about changing my comforter to the last king size quilt I made, which would be perfect for my queen size bed.