View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 09:40 AM
JuneBillie
Power Poster

Here is some definitions:

Mosaic - is in simple terms pieces of fabric or other media in tiny bits forming a picture whatever on a post card. Sort of like cutting up little pieces of colored paper and glueing them just a bit apart from each other to create an image.

Abstract - Art form that exists only in ones mind, not really portraying reality. You might have what to you is a forest but your trees might be coming in from all directions, with people in the forest only seen with eyes peeking out between the distorted or strangely positioned trees.

Movement - An art form that may show someone as if they are in a running position, or a river that appears to be running down stream showing movement. Just two examples of many.

The other ideas of doing the crazy patch work etc. are also wonderful ideas.

Symmetry - An art form of exact reflection of a balance on each of a dividing line. Example: A building with large columns one on each side of the front of a building. Therefore you have symmetry on each side. A house with bushes in the front of the house with the same size bushes on each side front of the house shows symmetry. If they were only on one side of the front of the house that would be called asymmetry.

Impressionistic Art Form - This is what a person or the artist sees in their eyes. Someone may be painting a picture of a meadow with trees and grass. In their painting there trees leaves in their eyes may be painted blues and browns rather than the normal as seen. The tree trunks may be painted pink rather than a typical normal color, because this is how the artist is seeing this scene in his/her own eyes. It's their own impression. I love this art form.

Another art form me and my husband like is - Illusion - Something many people believe, but is false. The act of deluding; deception by creating illusory ideas. Example: Anything showing common optical illusions.

On all of these you can just type the name in, and you can bring up images of each. I hope this helps some without being more confusing. Later on I will try to find out more for clear images etc.

Last edited by JuneBillie; 02-21-2016 at 09:44 AM.