Thread: Moving fabric
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 02:40 PM
yngldy

When I moved, I cut a corner off each piece of fabric that went into the box and taped it onto a sheet of paper. I gave a number to the paper and the box (not the lid). I did that with all the fabric, plus the yardage. Now with digital, I guess you could save the cutting part and just take a picture of the contents of the box. It was nice to also know the size of each piece. That way you can do virtual stash shopping as you are browsing a new magazine or book. Sometimes the piece you have is not enough for the pattern. You can check the list instead of going to storage, opening the box, etc. Most office supply stores will give you the empty computer paper boxes, if you ask nicely. I would not use anything bigger unless you are using a dolly, and unpacking right away. Speaking of using a dolly, you can buy the flat ones that you see large plants on, and use that for at least 50% of the moving, as well as office chairs, etc. They are small, and good for "us ladies" to handle without too much trouble, as long as you don't overload.