Old 02-21-2016, 06:51 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Originally Posted by Kwiltr View Post
Well I bought a second bobbin case probably two years ago, hoping that would cure the problem, but it didn't make any difference. I've had backlash issues since I bought the machine, it's not a new problem, and I have been using brand new Handi Quilter bobbins since December, and several different ones, winding several to have handy, and it doesn't seem to make a difference. My friend is out of town for a couple of weeks, but I might just talk to her about trying hers out, although I don't hold out much hope for it making a difference. The only time I have not had backlash is with magna glide prewounds, but I just do not want to depend on them for all of my quilting.
My LA is a Gammill, and my bobbin case is very different apparently. So sorry none of my ideas works. I do have a friend that has a Prodigy LA and she struggled for about 3 years with tension problems and finally managed to get her tech to come to her house and they figured out that her machine was in need of major repair--voila! she's had no problems since. Since your machine has had backlash problems since you got it, sounds like you might need to get someone out to work on it? Would be worth the frustration.