View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 08:22 AM
Snooze2978

Default Finally Quilted.....Smith Mtn

Hello, I made this quilt probably 2 years ago and then let it hang on the rack till now to quilt it. I'm happy to say its done and with its recipent couple I made it for. I used all from my stash and only bought the backing fabric. I used some embroidery on the 4 cornerstones, some special technique to make a quilting pattern to fill around the cornerstone using ProQ and I'm pleased how everything turned out. I used 2 differnt quilting patterns for the blocks and 2 different quilting patterns for the blue/brown triangles and neutral triangles.....over 200 individual triangles..........what was I thinking when I added them to the quilt???? Anyway its done and the couple is pleased with it. It came out 109 x 109 my largest quilt to date and probably my last of that size. Sorry to say I have no place to put this quilt to photograph it correctly so my frame is in the way. Still too wet outside to take it as I normally do.
Attached Thumbnails full-smith-mtn.jpg   close-up-smith-mtn.jpg   closeup-back-quilting.jpg