View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 08:35 AM
juliea9967

I used to spray baste, and really did like how well it worked. After about a year I noticed that the overspray was on everything in my sewing room. It was on most of my tools, my rulers, my computer screen, my sewing machines, everything. While it is water soluble, it was not that easy to get it all removed. I noticed this the most on my rulers because it showed up well on them. I had to scrub them a lot to get it all off. I suppose that if you scrubbed every surface down each time you spray basted, the scrubbing would be easier. However, I decided I didn't want to scrub every surface in my room every time, so I quit spray basting. You will also notice that all the overspray on those surfaces collects dust - and it sticks. I was taught that you didn't need a lot of spray basting to make it work, so I was not over spraying. I even found the over spray on my glass panes on my china cabinet - in the dining room. It gets in the air and goes every where Just a word of caution for those that spray baste, or are considering spray basting. I now glue baste - Elmer's school glue mixed with water - and then steam iron it and let it dry overnight. It takes longer, but it works great. It has never gummed up my needle.