Thread: Moving fabric
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 12:24 PM
zozee

A word of caution: if it's in a trash container or bag, it could get mistaken for trash. I once was running errands: Goodwill, then JoAnn, then the cleaners. I had a bag of clothes for GW, a bag of 3 dresses ( my only 3, I might add) and 2 of hub's suits for the cleaners. They were both in white trash bags and I had packed them myself in the trunk.

But I didn't label them, I just said to myself, " I'll remember the good clothes are on the right. " Well, I made it to Goodwill, and hastily handed the collector the bag that was on the right in the trunk. Then I went to JOAnn. Naturally I lost track of time, and by the time I left, the cleaners was closed. I promptly put the bag out of my mind.

Two weeks later, he needs the grey suit for a business trip in two days.

I panic . I hadn't taken them to the cleaners!! Maybe I can get them to do a rush job. I run to the trunk, open the trash bag.....and it's Goodwill clothes!!!

The bags must have rolled around and switched places. Or I thought "the GoodWILL clothes are on the right". ... .?

I would only only "keep the things that spark joy" as Marie Kondo says. Discard everything else. You don't want to pay to move the fabric you no longer love, do you?

PS we are still married after that big woopsie, but I no longer put good stuff in trash bags!

Last edited by zozee; 02-22-2016 at 12:28 PM.