View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 12:32 PM
Kwiltr

Default Chain of Events Finished!

Hi,
I finished this quilt up on the weekend. It was a top I made back in 2010 before I got into machine quilting and am so glad I didn't have to hand quilt this. It took me about 6 weeks of trying to get in a bit of quilting most days to get this done from the time I sandwiched the quilt. While far from perfect, I am happy with the results. I wanted to do as little marking as possible on this quilt, and I focused on doing some form of Feathers throughout to try some of them out for the first time on a quilt. So the only marking I did was in the "large" squares in the chains and the squares in the centres amongst the flying geese, marking just an outline of the flower, and the spine of the border feather. As some of you may have seen my posts in the past few weeks about thread tension and bobbin backlash issues on my Sweet Sixteen Sitdown, this was the quilt I was working on, having more grief than I care to, to get this done. I did get some things sorted out through a lot of hair pulling perseverance and the assistance and ideas from fellow board members here. Thank you and thanks for taking a peek!
K
Attached Thumbnails front.jpg   back.jpg   back-detail.jpg   quilting-close-up.jpg   quilting-detail.jpg  

front-border-detail.jpg   back-detail-borders.jpg