View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 07:34 AM
tlpa

It takes me a long time too. I start with an idea for a project (right now it is a small quilt for my sister to remind her of our Yellowstone trip), I'll look for something in a magazine to start(this in itself takes awhile), then the fabric choosing begins. I'll look at my stash, pull a few things out, put my choices down and think about it. The thinking part may be hours or days. I'll come back, look through my stash again, maybe choose some different options, maybe add to what I have, put it down and think about it again...maybe hours or days again depending on what else is on my plate...but I'm always thinking about it...."what about that maroon I have.....". I have been working on this for over a month as now I'm trying to figure out how to lay it out. The color choices aren't done yet though, so after I figure out the layout I'll need to look for more fabric to coordinate. A very drawn out process for me and it doesn't help that my stash is extensively from moving sales, estate sales etc. so nothing came in the house matching. No full lines of fabric here. I was fortunate a few years back to go to the sale of a lady who passed away and had owned a quilt store. Her house was filled to the brim with gorgeous fabrics and I picked up a ton of my current stash from that. But yes, it takes me forever to choose fabrics for a project.