View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 08:31 PM
DonnaMiller

I just checked and she has leather belts for $5 and $6 on sale. Also there is a tutorial about how to measure sewing Machine belts for replacements. You can always call and speak to Jenny. I have and she is very nice and helpful. There are all kinds of belts. She can guide you. Remember belts should be snug, but never tight because that will cause too much pressure on the bearings and potentially damage the machine. Snug will work fine. It would be worth a call, but first look at the tutorial and get an idea. Most leather belts come with a metal hook that goes through a hole you will make in the belt, once you have determined the correct length for your particular machines. I fit one on my DDs model 27 and it works great. My mom always fit the belts for hers in the same tried and true way. You will probably need to cut some off the belt in order to fit it. Be brave, just careful not to cut off too much. You can always cut again, but you can't glue it back on. Sew-Classic belts are as good quality as any I have found. I can safely recommend them. A leather belt will last 20 years or more, so I see no particular need to get a synthetic one. How about you? Good luck. If you get puzzled, call Jenny and she can get you out of the woods.
If you order $65 or more, shipping is free. I usually order a solid state controller, felts for 221 and 301, a tire or two, spool pins, oil and grease. Look at the attachments and repair parts. They have rubber feet for 221s and other machines. Check out the free tutorials. I downloaded 3 tonight. She has bobbins, even metal bobbins, if you prefer. I buy all my vintage restoration parts at Sew-Classic because of the great prices. A lot of QBers get parts there because of good service too.

Last edited by DonnaMiller; 02-23-2016 at 08:36 PM.